Here’s a step-by-step guide to How to Create a Website Template in Canva, you’ll learn about the difference between available website templates options in Canva, how to pick the one that best suits you, how to edit and custom every bit of it, how to embed videos, insert links, add animations… and of course, how to share your website. I’ll be giving you tips and tricks all along the way so make sure you stay tuned to grab them all.
Canva Website Templates
For anyone wishing to create a Canva Website Template either independently or collaboratively. And within Canva, there are tons of ready-made templates that you can easily edit and create an attractive website with little effort. So today we are not going to know in depth about how to Create a Website Template in Canva.
How do find and Create a Website Template in Canva
- Open Canva.com
- Click Website
- and Now Select your Website Type
Canva is now offering some free templates and some others that are available for compact producers so if we pay attention in this bottom right corner we will see the free label but some other templates will have these paid labels so if you are using a free account let’s go for the three options, in this case, I will use this template and I will go for the mobile-first website option because this one is going to look good on desktop and also on mobile
Also reader:- How to Make Money by Selling Canvas Templates
How to edit and custom your website
Once you’ve selected the templates you want within Canva, but want to edit your brand and profile information within it, learn how to edit and publish your website in an attractive way.
Apply your Brand Identity
Canva according to your visual identity remember I told you at the beginning that you should have your brand kit ready or your visual identity ready that includes your color palette and your font choices.
How to modify the length of a page
Click on that text box go to your position button and click on middle, okay if you click on middle it will adjust and center your text in the middle of your page and so your page here is very narrow you see from here to here so the text box i know is exactly in the middle.
I don’t want it to be too close to the edge here I feel like I should probably stay within like this boundary right here of my website I want it to be aligned with this line right here as well.
How to change the color of a text
so this should say ronniehermosa.com check out my paid courses yes so we have something different here I’m going to change the color of this text to black so it contrasts more on my yellow background and this is what I have for now okay so I’m gonna keep that as such all right.
How to create a different and cool portrait
This should say ronniehermosa.com check out my paid courses yes so we have something different here I’m going to change the color of this text to black so it contrasts more on my yellow background and this is what I have for now okay so I’m gonna keep that as such all right.
Must Reade:- How to Use Canva For Graphic Design
How to create cool text boxes
click on the Text tool in the left-hand sidebar. Then, click anywhere on your design canvas to add a text box. You can style your text by using the “Text” tool’s options in the top toolbar. You can change the font, color, size, alignment, and more here.
How to add a page
To add a new page select Your Current page, and tap Add page Icon on the toolbar below the editor. Add a new page after the last page.
How to create beautiful banners
- Open Canva.com and search for “Banners” to get started.
- Choose a template as your requirement. Explore Canva’s wide range of banner templates for various needs in different styles and themes.
- Customize your banner in mere minutes.
- Get creative with design ingredients.
How to embed videos and media
So I have this page right here this is actually high on the page I’m going to group all of this and make sure it is here on top of my page
Now to embed a video you will want to go to your more button right here and find a button that says youtube so from here you can pretty much paste the URL of any youtube video.
How to add Link your Button
Select the button and click The Link icon to the top right, and Add your link.
How to create clickable thumbnails
- Open Canva.com and search for the “YouTube Thumbnail” design type to get started.
- Explore templates.
- Enjoy a range of features, Canva’s library has millions of photos, icons, and illustrations to choose from.
- Customize your thumbnail.
How to create visuals with irregular shapes and screenshots
- select the image you want to crop
- Click on the Crop tool in the top toolbar
- Then Click and drag the cursor around the image to create a cropping box.
- You can also use the corner handles to resize the cropping box
How to add videos in the background of your website
- Add any video to your design
- You can add one from the Videos tab or from your Uploads
- Tap and hold the video
- Swipe through the choices on the menu below
- Select Set Video as Background or Replace Background.
Publishing your website
Sites have three different options for you to publish okay if you’re a free user you will have the choice between publishing your website on a canva domain.
So you will have something like dot canva.site so you have your preferred title dot canva canva.site or something like that and you can have up to five free domains like that if you’re a free user or your other option is to purchase a domain via canva so you can use canva without going through a third-party website to actually purchase your domain.
Now publish your website Like This on the top corner of the editor menu, and click Publish as Website.
How to update your website
- Click Share in the editor’s menu’s upper right corner.
- Website is selected after selecting More.
- The next step will require you to scale your design for a website.
- Choose whether or not you want a navigation menu from the dropdown menu.
- Click Continue after selecting the Use my existing domain option.
1 thought on “How to Create a Website Template in Canva”