Increase the Speed of a clip on reels Instagram
How to increase the Speed of a clip on reels Instagram is a simple process that can add a lot of energy and excitement to your videos. Here are the steps you can follow to increase the speed of your clip-on Reels.
Must Read: How to Insert Table in Canva 2023
How to Add Existing Footage to Instagram Reels
When you add existing footage so footage off your camera roll into Instagram rails you don’t have much control of what you can do with that footage so it’s going to reel and let’s swipe up to add a video from my camera.
Just going to go to this from yesterday it’s just a shot of me walking it’d be nice if I could speed this up a little bit so I could just show the view going by faster so you can see when I go to upload it all I can do is zoom in I can zoom out I can zoom out to make it tiny or zoom in but and I can control when I start the clip and when I end the clip but then after I add it I can’t go back in there and make any changes all.
I can do is delete or trim that audio I can go over here into preview and I can add filters to the video itself so here you can see there are filters and there are special effects that I can add so I can go in through here and there’s stuff like that.
But there’s nothing really that helps with speed so to change video speed oh this looks trippy wow to change the video speed of existing footage we’re going to need to use another app this app is free and it has so many amazing controls.
How to increase the Speed of a clip on reels Instagram
1. So the app is called cap cut so I’m going to go into cap cut and I’m going to make a new project.
2. I’m going to add a clip
Then you’re going to see I have a lot of different controls that I can do to it but for today let’s keep it simple and let’s just play around with the speed.
So I’m gonna click on the clip itself and then here at the bottom you see speed so you have two different options when it comes to speed normal means that it’s going to slow down or quicken the video clip but it’s going to do it steady it’s not going to have any change in speed it’s just going to be consistent speed change throughout the entire clip.
So if I go into normal here you can see one is the actual speed of it and then as I go up this is I’m making it faster so let’s say I make it 10 times and we can press ok and let’s play that place the play button.
so you can see that made 10 times faster there we go let’s go back in there and let’s change that speed and let’s go slower so let’s go 0.5 so notice also that as you speed up the clip or as you slow down the clip the length of the clip will change.
So if you want to do a speed-up clip of you walking somewhere make sure that that original clip is very long because as you speed it up it’s going to get really short and the same thing is when you want to slow something down then you make sure that your activities within the video are really quick.
So when you slow it down it looks nice and smooth and slow okay so by slowing it down to point zero there we go let’s play that you can see that I’m at tortoise speed right now okay so let’s pause that and let’s go into that speed again so I’m gonna press on it going to speed and I’m gonna put it to one so this is just the original speed I had it in okay
How to Customize Speed on a Video Clip
There we go now next to normal we have another thing and it’s called curve and this is where it gets fun so let’s go into a curve you can see you can customize this or you have some preset speeds available here.
1. So as you see it go up and down so as it goes up that’s increasing the speed and as it goes down it’s slowing it down.
2. So if we look at this one montage you can see it’s going up slowing down and then it fastens it so you can watch that again so you can see that’s just the end part so slowing speeding up and then it slows back down before it goes normal.
3. So with these, you can play around and get different effects you can even go in and then see you can see the curve and so you can edit the curve how you want it to look.
4. So for that say I want so I just want it to be normal at the beginning and then I want it to go super fast and then I want it to go back to normal.
5. So let’s say that there we go so you can preview it as you watch it so you can see let’s make that a little bit smaller let’s made this like a little bit smaller here let’s make this bigger here oh let’s see that oh I like this down.
6. So you can see you could have a lot of fun you can even get it to go down let’s see this slow and then back to normal.
7. So you can see you can have a lot of fun playing around with this and changing the speed however you want it to change and then say for example you just want to do this for yourself.
8. So you can just go into custom let’s edit that you’ll have all your points and now you can be like okay let’s start it fast then let’s slow it down then let’s go back fast normal let’s speed it up at the end and then you can have a transition to another clip.
9. So this is a really fun way to just play around with your clips change the speed and have fun so I’m gonna see that one’s the one that we like and I’m going to put it into Instagram reels now so I’m gonna go and export that
How to Add Edited Videos to Instagram Reels
There we go so now let’s go back over to Instagram reels and get rid of this very trippy video go back let’s delete that let’s upload our new clip.
So there it is you can see that when you export it’s going to have that cap cut logo appear at the end and you can quickly get rid of that by just trimming the video so you can see and I can add it and now let’s preview that oh I still have my effect on.
So I’m going to go back in here and I’m going to remove my effect which product is this there we go if you click on any other effect and then you click on the effect again it’s just going to remove all the effects from the video so there it is it goes fast slow fast low.
In conclusion, How to increase the Speed of a clip on reels Instagram can be a fun and effective way to add some energy and excitement to your videos. Whether you’re trying to make a quick tutorial, showcase a new product, or just capture a memorable moment, speeding up your clip can make it more engaging and attention-grabbing for your audience. With the easy-to-use tools available on Reels Instagram, anyone can quickly adjust the speed of their videos and create content that is dynamic and memorable. So next time you’re creating a video on Reels, consider experimenting with different speeds to see how you can make your content stand out.